- Clicking the Metafold Icon reveals a file menu:
Back To Homereturns you to the Home Page
Import / Exportpops up an import or export menu
Undo / Redo…
Frame All (f)zooms the view to the center of the Extend Box
Light / Darkchanges the theme to suit your preference
- The Shapes Panel is the main way to interact with the app.
- The Blending Mode dropdown controls the boolean operation assigned to the selected shape.
- The Group button allows you to nest shapes within collections. (learn more about groups)
- The Duplicate button duplicates the selected shape
- The + button contains Presets
- As you add presets/shapes, they will appear as layers. Through a right-click menu, these can be Renamed, Deleted, Grouped, or you can set the Extent Box to a selected layer.
- Assets and Exports are how you import and export geometry files into Metafold. Clicking the + button within the Assets or Exports tab reveals the relevant menu.
- The Project Title - “Untitled” by default, double click or use the down arrow to name your project.
- View Options
Camera optionschange between Perspective and Orthographic camera displays
viewtake a section cut through your model
viewview the results of your simulation runs
- The Properties Panel is context specific to a selected shape layer. This menu enables you to change settings and parameters (e.g. Lattice Type, Shape Position, etc.)
- The top right of the Editor window has action buttons for simulation, sharing, and gives you access to your account settings.
- One-Click Simulation (beta) run ISO standard piston compression tests on models created with Metafold
- Share your creations! Making your project public adds it to the Community page on the Home Screen. You can also copy a link to your project and share it directly.
- The Account menu
- Filters are effects that you can apply to a selected Shape. Currently there are two available filters: Shell and Redistance. The Shell filter hollows solid shapes by applying a thickened wall to the surface. You can remove filters you’ve added by right-clicking and deleting them. They can be re-ordered by dragging them.
- The Shape Info tab gives you insight into the volume, surface area, and relative density of your design.
- View cube - click on an axis to snap adjust the view. Useful when in the Orthographic camera mode.
Presets are the workhorse of the Metafold application. Read more about them here.